This is a very easy recipe. The brownies are delicious and have a great texture. I cut them into 20 as they were a Valentine’s Day dessert. I decided to put a chocolate icing on top; I following this frosting recipe which uses cream cheese (lactose free) but I left the butter out as I wanted it as a glaze. The brownies are delicious with or without the frosting. Each serving of the original recipe minus the frosting is 0.7 Net Carbs. Try them and enjoy!
We had a special dinner and we all exchanged flowers, chocolate or wine. Those who couldn’t be here had flowers sent to them. It’s interesting that in lockdown we have more celebration dinners with those in our safe ‘bubble’. Sometimes the toast is just ‘Happy Wednesday’ or whatever day it happens to be. I see it as a form of gratitude and valuing what we have. Once we are allowed to meet up with my aunt and her family, we will have a Thanksgiving meal.
Can I introduce Fae, my 11 weeks-old old cross-breed poodle. Fae means loyalty in Medieval English. In Gaelic it means mischievous creature. She is cute and very naughty. I like her lying quietly next to me while I watch a film. I’m not so keen on the chewing or licking of feet. No chocolate for her though as it’s poisonous to dogs!
Nutritional information (25 servings): Cals 51 | total fat 4.8g | Total Carbs 1.6g | Fibre 0.9g | Net Carbs 0.7g | Protein 1.2g |
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa or additional regular. (I used additional dark cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter (I used lactose-free butter)
- 3 tbsp water or additional oil (I used water)
- 2 eggs, or 2 flax eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated erythritol or regular sugar (I used brown granulated erythritol)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F./ 176C, 156C (fan assisted).
- Mix all ingredients well. Spread evenly into the pan. Smooth down, using a second sheet of parchment if needed.
- Bake 20 minutes on the centre rack, then let cool completely and they will continue to firm up.
- They also firm up even more if you refrigerate very loosely covered overnight.