I like Keto meatloaf but decided I wanted it lighter so amended this recipe by using turkey mince. It was tender and the Italian flavour was wonderful. I criss-crossed bacon strips across the top and the sides which helped with both flavour and tenderness. I had meatloaf with broccoli and salad but I was so eager to eat it, I forgot to take the final photo! I also had it in a Keto roll with mayo for lunch the next day…and the day after, sliced thinly and piled onto the roll. Try it and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 1 hour| Servings: 12 slices (3/4 inch thick)
Nutrition per slice: Calories 215 | Fat 14g | Total Carbs 5g | Net Carbs 3g | Fibre 2g | Sugar 2g | Protein 17g
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lb mince beef (I used turkey mince instead)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free tomato sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the mince and tomato sauce (if using).
- Once combined, add the mince and mix until fully incorporated. Note: Avoid overmixing.
- Next, transfer the mixture into an oven-proof dish and form into a loaf shape.
- Note: I layered the top of my meatloaf with slices of bacon.
- Bake for around 30 minutes.
- Next, if using spread the tomato sauce on top of the meatloaf.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25-45 more minutes, or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C). (Time will vary depending on thickness of the loaf.)
- Once cooked, allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut carefully into slices using a serrated bread knife.
1 commentAdd Yours
[…] Keto Meatloaf — essentialonion […]