I enjoy low carb granola for breakfast with coconut milk greek style yogurt, blueberries and a splash of Skinny Maple Syrup. It keeps me full all morning. This recipe caught my eye as it has freeze dried raspberries in it which I thought would add extra zest to it. It’s an easy recipe as you use a blender to chop the nuts so you have a mix of smaller and ,larger pieces. it’s important that the final is sticky so that it comes toner. It crisps up when cooking. You need to monitor the cooking so that it’s evenly browned – mine took 30 minutes to brown evenly. It makes about a litre and a half of granola. The freeze dried raspberries lift the flavour to a higher level. It’s crunchy and the raspberries give it a zing of sharpness which is lovely. enjoy it for breakfast or a healthy snack during the day. At Net Carbs of 3.7g per 50g it is very satisfying. It’s an easy and accurate recipe. Try it and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Servings: 15
Nutrition per 50g serving: Calories: 270kcal | Total Carbs: 8.1g | Net Carbs: 3.7g | Protein: 8.8g | Fat: 24.1g | Fibre: 4.4g | Sugar: 1.2g
- 150g whole almonds
- 100g walnut halves
- 100g pecans
- 65g pumpkin seeds
- 65g sunflower seeds
- 40g flaxseed, milled
- 30g whey protein powder, unflavoured
- 90g coconut flakes/chips, unsweetened
- 80g almond butter
- 80 ml water
- 4 tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150C / 300F. Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, and set aside.
- Pulse the almonds, walnuts and pecans in a food processor until you have a mixture of smaller and larger pieces.
- Repeat with the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Next empty the nuts and seeds into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients(reserve 2 tbsp of the raspberries for later) and mix with a spatula. The mixture should be sticky. If it’s looking dry, add another tablespoon of water.
- Press the mixture firmly onto the prepared baking tin, until the surface is flat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until browned. Turn the baking sheet after 20 minutes, to ensure an even bake.
- Remove the granola from the oven and set aside.
- Once cooled, break the granola into small pieces, and mix in the remaining 2 tbsp of freeze dried raspberries. Then store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
- Serve and enjoy!