We had strawberries sitting in the fridge so when I saw this recipe I was delighted. Chocolate and strawberries are a great combination. The recipe itself was very straightforward. The flavour of the muffins was sweet from the strawberries and then you got the dark flavour of the chocolate. The texture was excellent with a crunch from the chocolate chips. The combination was delicious. I kept the baked muffins in a box in the fridge because of using fresh fruit. It didn’t matter as they were gone in three days. This recipe is worth trying.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Servings: 12
Nutrition: Calories 232 | Fat 21g | Saturated Fat 6g | Fibre 2g | Carbs 5g | Net Carbs | 3g
- 25g (1/4 cup) coconut flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 200g (2 cups) almond flour
- 50g (1/4 cup) powdered stevia sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 250g strawberries, hulled, chopped
- 75g dark chocolate (85% cocoa), chopped (I used Lily’s dark chocolate chips)
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
- 125g unsalted butter, melted (I used a lactose-free butter)
- Preheat oven to 340F, 170C/150C Fan-assisted
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl, sift the coconut flour, baking powder, almond flour, and sweetener.
- Next add chopped strawberries, and chocolate to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla and almond milk together in a jug.
- Add the egg mixture and butter to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, to cool, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve & enjoy!!