I need a quick meal on a Monday as I’m not home until late. This recipe is simple to make. I made it in the morning, chilled it down and put it in the fridge. I actually like curry to have a chance for the flavours to develop. I prefer a dryish curry. There’s nothing worse than too much sauce. I kept the coconut water from the can to use when reheating the curry. This curry is spicy, warming and flavoursome without being harsh. It’s a quick and easy recipe but well worth making. I had it with cauliflower rice. Very satisfying, great flavour and easy. What more could you want? Please note I didn’t stick to the 3/4 cup serving as I was under my carb count for the day. I had a heaped cup of curry and enjoyed it.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Servings: 6
Nutrition (serving size 3/4 cup): calories 251 | fat 17g | carbs 8g | net carbs 6g | fibre 2g
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 14.5-oz tin chopped tomatoes, drained
- 7 oz coconut cream (the entire cream part skimmed from a 14-oz can)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used garlic puree)
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder (+1 tsp cumin if your curry powder doesn’t include it) (I used garam masala)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for around 7 to 10 minutes, until translucent and browned.
- Push the onion to one side.
- Increase heat to medium high, add another tablespoon oil and the chicken. Sauté the chicken for around 1 to 2 minutes, until the outside is just browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut cream, chicken stock, garlic, curry powder, ground ginger, paprika, and sea salt. Stir together until well combined, adjust salt to taste.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover, then simmer for around 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce should be thickened, flavours developed to your liking.
- Serve with side’s of your choice and enjoy!!