I love the idea of mediterranean food that includes olives, feta cheese, loads of cucumber, a little onion and green extra virgin olive oil. Given that we eat keto, I was concerned by the carbs in traditional Greek salad. I searched out this Keto recipe. I always thought Feta cheese was high in lactose so I researched it and found that it’s low in lactose.
The salad is so full of flavour that it explodes in your mouth. Chop it finely so there’s flavour in every bite. I had the salad nestled in lettuce leaves as a side to pizza.The pizza keto crazy dough recipe is really fantastic. This was a really nice hot weather meal. Try it and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 mins | Servings: 6 as a side
Nutrition: calories 166kcal | Carbs 7g | Protein 4g | Fat 14g | Saturated Fat 4g | Fibre 2g | Sugar 4g| Net carbs 5g
- 4 medium ripe truss tomatoes (approx 360g/12.7oz) (I used 300g mini San Marzino tomatoes)
- 2 medium cucumbers (approx 200g/7oz)
- ½ medium red onion (approx 60g/2oz)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (approx 120g/4oz)
- 120 grams feta cheese, diced (approx 4 ounces)
- ¼ cup pitted black Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar instead)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Wash the tomatoes, cucumbers, and pepper, then cut into large dice pieces.
- Dice the onion crumble the feta.
- Add all of the diced vegetables into a large salad bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salad dressing. MIx together the olive oil, red wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar), oregano, and lemon juice, until combined.
- Then to the salad, add the remaining ingredients: olives, feta, and salad dressing. Toss to combine.
- Allow the salad to chill in the fridge for up to 2 hours before serving.
- I served my greek salad with homemade crazy keto dough pizzas.
- The salad can also be enjoyed as a main dish served on a bed of little gem lettuce and wild rocket.
1 commentAdd Yours
I guess this is excellent!