The original recipe serves 40 cookies, however I decided to make mine bigger and made 30 cookies instead. I’ve updated the nutrition for 1 larger cookie serving.
Who doesn’t love a cookie with a cup of coffee? These are excellent with a deep spicy flavour and chewy. They won’t last long that’s for sure. They are easy to make but I found the mix a little too damp to roll into balls so I used a medium-sized icecream scoop. I do like quicker approaches. Next time (and there will be a next time), I am going to weigh the ingredients as I’m not keen on using measuring cups…there is too much margin for error.
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 12 mins | Servings: 30
Nutrition for 1 larger cookie: calories 105 | carbs 2.9 g | net carbs 1.6g | protein 3.35g | fat 8.31g | fibre 1.3 g
Nutrition for the original recipe (40 cookies): Serving size: 2 cookies: calories 157 | carbs 4.3g | net carbs 2.4g | protein 5.02g | fat 12.47g | fibre 1.9g
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used lactose-free butter)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup granulated sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Yacon syrup, optional (I used this)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 163C/ 143C fan-assisted/ 325 F.
- Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper or a silicone liner.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, gelatin, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves.
- Next, in another bowl combine, butter, almond butter, and sweetener until smooth.
- Add the eggs, Yacon syrup, and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, beat until well combined.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the bowl, mix until well combined and a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and gently press down a bit (to encourage them to spread).
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake another 7 minutes, or until just barely golden brown.
- They cookies will still be very soft. Remove from the oven, and allow them to cool completely.
- Once cooled, serve & enjoy!!