The original recipe serves 36 mini muffins, however I chose to make normal sized muffins instead, the batter made 12 muffins. I didn’t see the point of mini muffins and buying mini cake cases. They are a good texture and flavour especially the next day. When I make them again, I will add less cinnamon and not remove the apple peel as it helps the structure. They are worth making if you miss apple and cinnamon muffins. Each one of the larger muffins has 3g net carbs. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Servings: 36
Nutrition per muffin: calories 39 | carbs 2g | protein 1g | fat 3g | saturated fat 1g | fibre 1g | sugar 1g | net carbs 1g.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 apple, peeled & diced
- 1/4 double cream, (I used a plant-based double cream)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (In future I wouldn’t put as much in)
- 1 tsp baking powder (I used a gluten-free baking powder)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the one to 325 degrees F / 160 degrees C/140C fan-assisted.
- Line a tin with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until everything is combined.
- Next, fill the muffin cases about 3/4 of the way with the batter. I used a medium ice-cream scoop, this ensured each muffin case had an even amount.
- Bake the muffins for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick/knife inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool.
2 commentsAdd Yours
[…] Keto apple cinnamon muffins — essentialonion […]
Howdy! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!