I am in the mood for desserts at the moment and this recipe met my needs well. It says serves one but I shared it between two of us. The combination of lemon cake and blueberries is a winner for me so I chose that option. This cake is tender, with a delicious lemon flavour-burst. I added lemon zest to the mix. The cooking time was accurate. As the recipe says let it stand before you add toppings. I whisked plant-based double cream until its was thick. A blob of cream on top finished off with a light dusting of lemon zest. It was delicious. Try it and enjoy.
Prep time: 3 mins| Cook time: 2 mins | Servings: 1
Nutrition: calories 240 | fat 9.9g | carbs 8.6g | fibre 1.2g | sugar 1g | net carbs 7.4g
- 1 egg, regular size
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp erythritol (I used erythritol gold)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp blueberries -fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp double cream (I used a plant-based double cream)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, almond flour, baking powder, erythritol, and lemon juice to form a cake batter.
- Add in some optional ingredients now, if using, like lemon zest or blueberries.
- Transfer the batter into a microwave-safe mug. Your mug cake is going to rise and double in height so make sure the mug you use is high enough to avoid the mug cake batter to overflow in the microwave.
- Microwave on high power (800w) for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave, allow to cool for 2 minutes before eating and adding any toppings.
- Enjoy directly into the mug or unmold on a plate and half the recipe to share!