I love Keto crustless quiche but sometimes put too much in it. I decided to follow a recipe this time. This recipe caught my eye as who doesn’t like bacon, mushrooms and cheese! It was delicious so I will be making it again. I didn’t use feta cheese as I’m lactose intolerant. I also used a plant-based double cream.
Nutritional information for a sixth of the quiche: kcal 335, total fat 25g, saturated fat 13g, net carbs 5g.
- 8 slices thick bacon, cut crosswise into short strips
- 1 lb mushrooms, washed if needed and cut into thick slices (I only had 250g mushrooms but that seemed enough)
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese (I used a lactose-free cheddar cheese)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Spike seasoning, or any seasoning blend you like with eggs (just used sea salt and black pepper)
- 8 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 cup double cream (I used a plant based double cream)
- Preheat oven to 350F/177C/157C fan-assisted oven, and grease a baking dish.
- Cut the bacon into short thick slices and cook until completely cooked, nicely crisp, and browned.
- Drain the cooked bacon on paper towels (or not, if you prefer to keep the fat) and put the bacon in the bottom of the dish, keeping a little bacon to sprinkle on the top.
- You may want to remove some bacon fat if there seems to be too much. Brown the mushrooms in the bacon fat over medium-high heat until they are completely cooked and starting to brown.
- While the mushrooms cook, crumble the Feta cheese. (I used grated lactose-free cheddar).
- Layer the browned mushrooms and then the cheese over the bacon in the dish, keep a little cheese to sprinkle over the top.
- Season with black pepper or your favourite seasoning for eggs.
- Whisk the eggs with the cream. Pour the mixture over the bacon-mushroom-cheese, and stir gently with a fork to combine ingredients.
- Sprinkle the leftover bacon and cheese on the top. (I put all the bacon in the quiche)
- Bake 35-45 minutes, until the quiche is set in the centre and starting to slightly brown.
- Serve hot. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for several days and reheated in the microwave or in a hot frying pan on the hob.
- We served it with a simple salad and roasted broccoli.