I love cheesecake but I think it can be heavy and cloying. It is also a hassle to make. This recipe is quick, very light and much more enjoyable so I can make it more often; it is a perfect end to a meal. I used plant-based double cream and lactose-free cream cheese. It can easily be made vegan using plant-based cream/cream cheese. By setting out a variety of toppings people can personalise their dessert which is fun. The mixture holds its shape well so you could fold through some fresh raspberries. The nutritional information (6 servings): 258kcal, Carbs 4g, Protein 4g, Fat 17g, Sugar 2g.
- 1 cup of double or whipping cream
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup of keto granulated sweetener (I found 1/4 cup of erithrytol was enough).
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks are formed. You can do this in a stand mixer or by hand with a whisk; I used used a hand mixer.
- Once the cream is whisked, set it aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese, zest, and sweetener together until smooth. I did this in a stand mixer.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula until incorporated; you want to keep it light and smooth.
- Serve with your favourite topping. I put chopped berries on the bottom of the sundae bowls, added the cheesecake fluff and then topped with Lily’s dark chocolate chips.
- Instead of lemon zest you can use 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Replace the lemon zest with PB2
- Add tsp of cocoa powder/cacao powder for chocolate
- Note: personally I think the lemon flavour is perfect. I would suggest adding the zest of two lemons. Lime zest would be good too. cheesecake should be fresh.