This is a healthy, easy and quick recipe taken from The Doctor’s Kitchen. A good recipe for the New Year! I wanted to try something new and miso is known to be good for your gut; it is low-carb so it’s great for my IBS. The original recipe served the mushrooms on toast, but I chose to serve mine with cauliflower rice and a side of organic and gluten-free Korean kimchi.
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Miso paste (I used this one, as its gluten-free and organic)
- a handful of fresh parsley
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper
1) In a frying pan, fry your mushrooms in oil until soft; about 5 minutes.
2) Add the miso paste and black pepper to the mushrooms, stir and cook for a few more minutes.
3) Finish the mushrooms with a squeeze of lemon juice and chopped parsley. Then serve, I chose cauliflower rice and Korean kimchi to go with mine. But you could choose to serve with toast, like the original recipe. Enjoy!