I made this curry sauce up based on searching the internet and adapting what I read to make it easy. I had some leftover chicken and different vegetables to use up; so decided to have a go at making my own sauce. I enjoyed it and I hope you do too. We all need quick recipes when we are hungry.
- 1/2 cup smooth unsweetened peanut butter
- 400ml tin of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 heaped tsp Thai Red curry paste
- 400ml vegetable stock
- half a large cooked chicken
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 100g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g spinach
- Half a lime, juice squeezed on top
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Place the peanut butter in a bowl, and gently heat in a microwave. Once warm, stir in the sriracha, tamari soy sauce and a third of a cup (approx 80ml) of the full fat coconut milk.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the Thai red curry paste and cook until fragrant.
- Take the pan off the heat. Add the peanut butter mixture to the Thai curry paste, stir until combined.
- Placing the pan back on the heat, slowly add the rest of the coconut milk to the mixture, and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Reduce to a simmer, and add the vegetable stock. Stirring every now and again. Add the chicken and vegetables minus the spinach to the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until it has reduced and thickened slightly to the consistency you like. Stir in the spinach and put the pan lid on until wilted.
- Taste and adjust seasonings so it’s to your liking. I like to add some squeezed lime juice, and chopped coriander sprinkled on top.
Note: If you want a bit more of a kick feel free to add some more curry paste, or even a few red chilli’s. This is a great quick and easy sauce to make, feel free to make it your own by adding your favourite vegetables.