These are a healthy, nutritious snack which are low carb. They have a real crunch and can be used to scoop up savoury dips such as guacamole, hummus and spicy black bean dip.
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of mixed seeds – not chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion granules – optional
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried Italian herbs or any herb mix
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C (fan assisted one).
- Mix the seeds, salt and additional seasonings together in a bowl.
- Beat the 3 eggs together and mix into the seeds until combined.
- Spread the seed mix onto a large flat baking tray lined with either baking sheet or a silicone mat. Use a spatula to spread the seed mix out on the tray, you want them crisp so make a thin even layer. We make these so often we bought heavy baking sheets and silicone mats. It makes the whole process quicker and easier.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until crunchy and crisp; if not leave it in on warm until completely dry.
We store the crackers in containers at room temperature for up to a week but they never last for a week. Don’t try to cut them just break the crackers up into the size you want. Pointed is handy for scooping up dips.